Deuces Wild Poker
Deuces wild is a very interesting and exciting variation of video poker. In it deuces (also known as 2s) of any suit are considered wild cards. A wild card is a card that substitutes for any card that would make your hand the best hand possible. This new element definitely forces players to develop new sorts of strategies and can certainly add a new dimension to the game.
A few simple strategies for the game are as follows:
- First of all NEVER ever discard a deuce. While this may seem obvious you may forget what game your playing in the spur of the moment and see yourself getting close to a royal flush or something but seriously just don’t do it.
- With every deuce you have it will be easier to get a wild royal flush though you may not recognize that you have nearly got it on the initial draw so definitely keep an eye out for the opportunity .
- Unlike some video poker variations do not keep two pairs. Instead go for the three of a kind every time.
- If you have the option of going for a four of a kind or a flush go for the four of a kind unless it’s a straight flush.
- If you have a full house, discard the smaller pair and go for the four of a kind if there are currently no deuces in your hand.
- Also do not be afraid to go for a gutshot straight flush if there are no deuces in your hand since the chances of getting the missing card are increased dramatically by the wild card element.
- Whenever possible play the full pay version of the game but when that is not available (it’s rare to find so it probably won’t be) look for the “not so ugly” version of the game
- Always make the max bet when economically reasonable
- Have fun
As you may have noticed Deuces Wild discards many of the common “rules” of poker players. It encourages you to aim for hands which may simply be nearly or completely impossible to get in normal video poker. While this can be a very exciting prospect it is important to note that because of this advantage pay tables are vastly different from their counterparts. Average returns are actually lower for the game then its non wild card counterparts.
Play Deuces Wild at our recommended casinos